Saturday, September 02, 2006

Provincetown Friday

To kick off the long Labor Day weekend (extra long for me since I took an extra day) Tommy and I took the high speed Ferry from Boston to Provincetown today. With the remnants of Hurricane Ernesto streaming toward the east coast, it made sense to go to Cape Cod on the best day of the weekend. I like to think of myself as a sensible girl.

We did what we always do when we visit for the day, we walked to the beach, we visited galleries, we had lunch and I looked for ice cream.

One of the reasons we took the jaunt is because Tommy is a member of the Provincetown Art Association and in support of the organization I bid on a number of pieces in the most recent 12 x 12 panel show. I won three pieces and I am so pleased. I won Joan Barron's white line woodblock entitled "Dune Cottage 5."

I won Karen Ojala's white line woodblock entitled "Picasso, Candlestick, Patron & Cat"

And I won Linda Dujack's piece entitled "Ready to Wear".

We wandered into Arthur Egeli's gallery to see what goodies were on the walls. Lots of beautiful things. Tommy did a film with Arthur in 1993 then called "Unconditional Love" but since renamed The Art of Passion.

It was a totally gorgeous and photo-tastic day, so I put up a Flickr set for your amusement.


-[

No comments: