Thursday, September 28, 2006

Shut. Up.

Dear Sir in the back of the train coming home from Boston tonight:

I think you should know that everyone, EVERYONE on the train could hear your conversation. I think I should also tell you that everyone, EVERYONE on the train understood what you were saying, even though you were talking "in code". To sum up for those who were not on the train:

Man on train: Dude, I'm sorry. I got nuthin' right now. I might be able to help next week.

Man in seat behind me: Oh my God, is he doing a drug deal on a cell phone at full voice?

WTF? Do not discuss your drug deals on your cell phone in a loud voice during rush hour, ever.

.

2 comments:

Irene Done said...

Hilarious. Why do people assume no one's listening to their cellphone conversations when just the opposite is always true?

We listen. And we take notes!

Moda di Magno said...

Oh honey - do we ever take notes! I know more about peeps' medical situations, hateful bosses and takeout dinner choices than one girl should. But I find a great deal of it blogworthy.