Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Moo and Music


Today the United States Postal Service is my friend. The usual pile 'o bills was waiting when I came home, and I can usually force myself to ignore them, but there on my counter, beside the bills, was a stack of two things that promised great joy.

1. My Moo Flickr cards
2. My Andrew Bird record album (yes, record album)

Moo.com is my new favorite thing. I got hooked up with Moo through Flickr. They did a great promotion - the offer was 10 free mini cards (created from my Flickr photos) to the first 10,000 Flickr Pro users who asked. The set up was easy and the cards are great. I can't wait to order a whole box! The cards came in cute cute cute packaging (like a Chicklets pack on a post card). The interface to set up your cards is easy and intuitive, you can add your text on the back. Some nice people in England print them send them to you. Love it.


I was pointed to
Andrew Bird by Heather at the Dooce blog via her post at the Alpha Mom blog. Having some time on a lazy afternoon I linked out to Andrew Bird's site and (dare I say it) his MySpace page and listened to all the tunes available. I was sold in minute and ordered vinyl - an actual vinyl album. It's late now, so I'll play it tomorrow in all it's glorious stereo sound. Stereo stereo (not mini anything sound!)


3 comments:

Slinky Redfoot said...

I love Andrew Bird..esp Nervous Tic Motion...

Megan said...

Love your pics! I got mine on Monday!

megan

Moda di Magno said...

I just got home and I'm headed to the music room to play brand new vinyl for the first time since 1986. If I'm able to form words later I might write about it.