Monday, October 30, 2006

Oh My, Did I Forget the Pie?

Peeps! Did I forget to mention it's time for Pie In The Sky? I know I've been busy ranting and raving and doing fallish stuff.

The Annual Pie In The Sky event is the largest fundraising event for the amazing and wonderful organization called
Community Servings. Their mission directly from their site:

Community Servings is dedicated to providing free home-delivered meals throughout eastern Massachusetts to people homebound with HIV/AIDS and other acute life-threatening illnesses, who are unable to shop or cook for themselves. We provide our clients, their dependent families, and caregivers appealing, nutritious meals, reaching out to those in greatest need. Our goals are to help our clients maintain their health and dignity, provide nutritionally and culturally appropriate meals, preserve the integrity of their family, and send the message that someone cares.

I am selling pies for Community Servings. My goal is to sell 100 pies for my friend and Exeuctive Chef of Community Servings, Brad Stevens. As of today I have sold 25 pies. I have 11 days to sell 75 more.

If you are in eastern Massachusetts there are dozens of pick up locations - but I would love it if you bought a pie or three or 20 (like my favorite co-worker Rob W. did last year!) from me. You can purchase the pies on line and choose my name from the pie seller list HERE . If you don't live in Eastern Mass. and you are feeling the need to give to a totally worthwhile, grassroots, no-nonsense group - you can "purchase a pie for a community servings client" and a pie will be delivered to someone in need, and funds will be raised to provide nutritious and delicious meals for all.

You need a pie. You need lots of pies. Community Servings needs you to buy pies, so why not be the champion of Thanksgiving and order some pies today?


1 comment:

Slinky Redfoot said...

i call. you didn't pick up. I feel shame.