Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Oh My Pie

I have to bake a pecan pie for the family Thanksgiving tomorrow. The pie and wine are the contribution expected of beloved husband and me. I ordered a pecan pie through the Pie In The Sky fundraising event for Community Servings and planned to pick it up at my local (as in down the street) Coldwell Banker real estate office.

Well they decided to close early, and left the pies "with names" in the lobby. (Love the classy sign - that is classy with a capital "K".) So by the time I got there my pie had wandered off. Thanks a lot you miserable bastards. You didn't jerk me around enough when you sold me the house? Nope, even for charity you have to dick me around. Coldwell Banker sucks. A lot. But my pie is going to kick ass. I got the recipe HERE. Watch the video, Mrs. Kostyra is a hoot.

Happy Thanksgiving, please forgive the whining.

2 comments:

Irene Done said...

That's an unbelievable story. They couldn't stay an extra hour to follow through on their own charity fundraiser? Nice!

By the way, I love Mrs. Kostyra. Whenever I've seen her on Martha's cooking shows, the two of them are actually quite sweet together. It goes a long way towards softening the Martha Stewart image.

Good luck with the pie. And Happy Thanksgiving!

Moda di Magno said...

Irene: The clip is great - they have a "pee-can" and a "Pah-can" debate, but the clip has been edited down from when it aired. I recall Mrs. Koystyra giving her daughter a bit of a smackdown over sounding pretentious. Love that! I made this pie two years ago and it was the best I've ever had. I'll be blogging it.