Wednesday, January 31, 2007

One of My Heroes Has Passed

Molly Ivins, one of my personal heroes, a writing hero, a political hero and frankly, just an amazingly smart goddess-type woman has gone on to her great reward at age 62. Molly waged what I'm sure was a fearsome battle with breast cancer (fuck you cancer) and today God decided he needed her rapier political wit and her ability to translate the idiocy of the man she called Shrub in her book of the same name.

I can't begin to say how sad I am that the writer most reponsible for getting me to read - no devour, political writings of all stripes has passed. Her Creators Syndicate column link has always been there in my link list to the right - they have a lovely tribute to her there or HERE.

I highly recommend her final column Stand Up Against The Surge.

Stand up for Molly and other ballsy chicks and make a donation to your favorite cancer-fighting charity today.

PHOTO CREDIT/AP: Syndicated columnist Molly Ivins accepts a Lifetime Achievement Award from the The International Women's Media Foundation in New York, Oct. 25, 2005. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

No comments: