Saturday, March 10, 2007

Haydn & Mozart Masterworks

Thought I'd throw out that title and see who goes "whaaa?" My brother-in-law Henry Magno sings with the Spectrum Singers who performed a concert tonight at the Emmanuel Church on Newbury Street in Boston. I have been to a number of concerts where Henry has performed, but I have never enjoyed the concert as much as I did the program tonight. From Mozart the Spectrum Singers performed Vesperae Solennes de Dominica, which is based on Psalms and from Franz Joseph Haydn they performed the Mass #11 in D Minor (also known as the Lord Nelson Mass.) The music and setting were brilliant. Some snaps below - Henry is first tuxedo from the left.

Our nephew Ethan with his dad Henry after the concert. Ethan is an extremely talented musician and soccer player.

No comments: