Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

HBO reveals its corporate bastard sly sense of humor by launching the 7th and final season of The Sopranos tonight. And it's about damn time.

In honor of the occasion I prepared a special "Sopranos supper" which included haricot vert (swanky string beans) and what I'm calling Satriale's Lasagna. It's a thick lasagna with a layer of sweet Italian sausage, a layer of thinly sliced roma tomatoes and fresh basil, and a layer of crimini mushrooms - of course the dish features plenty of ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and a garlicy basil tomato sauce.

Looking forward to the Sopranos and to the return of Entourage. Thoughts tomorrow (if the shows are comment-worthy.)

3 comments:

Slinky Redfoot said...

what happened? I'm too cheap to get HBO...

Moda di Magno said...

No spoilers from me, but here's a link: http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2007/04/06/sopranos_returns_in_sublime_dark_style/

I found it delicously dark. Or was that the Easter candy?

Chris said...

I used to do a Ravioli dinner every Sunday while watching the Soprano's. Good times. I miss that.

But whose stupid idea was it to air it on Easter Sunday?