Monday, May 07, 2007

Cocaine (the drink) Bust!

My next rant post is up at the Digital Hive - wherein I take no pleasure in the fact that the FDA finally woke up and is yanking the bottled hillbilly speed known as Cocaine the Drink. When I first encountered the most heinous-tasting beverage last fall I wondered how long it would take - if not for the harm it can cause, then for the utter lame factor.

The FDA cited as evidence the drink's labeling and Web site, which included the statements "Speed in a Can," "Liquid Cocaine" and "Cocaine -- Instant Rush." The company says Cocaine contains no drugs and is marketed as an energy drink.
Energy drink, smenergy drink I don't care what you call it - this was just crap marketing. Good riddance. BTW, I'm still not the Church Lady - I just hate crap marketing.

1 comment:

James-H said...

Not only is this stupid in premise, it is poorly excuted at every level: product, packaging and marketing.

"Nah! Shit! We call it 'cocaine' and it'll sell itself!"

*seething anger*