Monday, May 21, 2007

Heroes Finale

My favorite show had its season finale tonight. The show was as awesome as it always is. If you aren't into it, I couldn't begin to explain it. NBC has all of the episodes online at the Heroes website. But I'm not posting about the coolness of the show, I'm posting about the red circle in the banner image above. I clicked on the highlighted object and it brought forward an ad for the Fantastic Four & The Rise of the Silver Surfer with a link to a microsite on NBC.

It's a Twentieth Century Fox production, so the reasons for the appearance on NBC are a mystery to me. It's not my kind of movie - but the advertising tie in didn't annoy me. And that my friends, is hard to do.



4 comments:

paul said...

Dude, a good show indeed!

Cameron Beck said...

A friend of mine who also likes the Heroes TV show told me that the producers had to work out some kind of arrangement with Marvel just to air the series, as it had so many close parallels with the X-Men idea that they had to give Marvel credit. This is why, I was told, Stan Lee actually made an appearance (as a bus driver) on the show.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all part of the arrangement.

Moda di Magno said...

Cam! Thanks for the cool insider news. I can't wait for this to come out on DVD. I'm planning a weekend (when lovely husband is away) of nothing but microwave popcorn, wine and remote control!

archeress said...

you didn't watch your sox last night? probably why they lost. we're (one of the very few) rooting for your team down here!