Friday, May 25, 2007

Superbad, Super Dumb

Oh Columbia Pictures, why could your marketing weenies not learn from the always-difficult-to-access Bud.tv with the age verification stuff?

I gather from the landing page at Are You Super Bad? that you earned your "R" rating for the following reasons:

"Pervasive crude and sexual content, strong language, drinking, some drug use and a fantasy/comic violent image - all involving teens."

Okay - I'm guessing your marketing weenies thought the web content should accurately reflect the film's content to dissuade underage youths from trying to attend the film - but I'm not underage. Way not underage. Unless you are operating on the maturity scale.

I want to like your project - Michael Cera, whose talented presence as George Michael in the brilliant and much lamented Arrested Development was a key factor for me. But now I am annoyed. I would have watched the "all audiences trailer" if I was able to find it on your unfinished site. Why do you annoy me with an unfinished site?

Annoyance + Annoyance = Ignoring you.

Right after I bitch about you.

1 comment:

James-H said...

Found the trailer. It DOES look funny. I, too, am too young. Yay!