Sunday, July 01, 2007

Diana


Today would have been HRH, Diana Princess of Wales' 46th birthday. I don't care if they stripped her of the HRH when she and idiot Charles divorced, she will always be HRH to me. If you are not a girl who got up in the middle of the night in 1981 to watch the royal wedding, then you may not have any idea why Diana is signficant in my life, and I can't explain it because I'll start to cry.

Her sons William and Harry hosted a giant concert at Wembley stadium to honor her and raise money for a number of charities that she supported. By all accounts the concert was a huge success, especially in light of the fact that it came on the heels of two terror attacks in the UK. William and Harry are thoughtful to have honored her memory in such a kind way on her birthday.

No comments: