Friday, August 17, 2007

Buy Me That: I Must Have Those Shoes!

Yes, shoes again. This time from Saks Fifth Avenue. Their website is decent, but the Nordstrom site is superior in it's photography and navigation. I planned to present shoes from Bergdorf Goodman, but the product photography is inconsistent (and not very good in some cases) and the shoe page is quite clunky. Bummer.

What I liked from Saks. *Please note, I am awarding Bill Green Memorial Crazy Points for all of these shoes based on price alone. Beauty is beauty, but crazy is crazy. You can put that on a t-shirt. No don't - I will.

Christian Louboutin - Lady Strass V-Strap Sandals. Extra crazy points awarded for having the balls to price these gorgeous sandals at $1,225. I love these shoes, but at that price, I'd rather strap a pair of iPhones to my feet. At least I could get weather.



Salvatore Ferragamo - Embossed Slingback Pumps. I love these shoes. The classic simplicity would keep these in my closet for many years.

Giuseppe Zanotti - Pony Platforms. Crazy delicious. I would love to walk into a meeting wearing a quiet little suit with these at the bottom. I'd probably fall off the 4¼" heel, but I think it would be worth the risk.

Dior - Logo pumps. Mama likey.


Brian Atwood - T-strap patent leather pumps. I don't know where to begin in my love thoughts for these shoes. Burgundy. Patent. T-Strappy. Yum

Marc Jacobs - Frayed Peep Toe. I don't usually go for random bric-a-brak on shoes, but these really speak to my soul



The following items have been rejected by the review board (me) and marked as dangerous to my sanity.

Christian Louboutin - Very Prive Platform Pumps. Sale on cork? I'm guessing pushpin earrings will follow.



Gucci - Dahlia High Heel Platform Mary Jane. Hideous but popular based on the warning: DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND, A CUSTOMER MAY ORDER NO MORE THAN THREE UNITS OF THIS ITEM EVERY THIRTY DAYS. With a smaller platform I could almost like these - as is, grease up the stripper pole.


Miu Miu - Spazzolatto. Oh how I love that name. What is with the ankle wings? Let me answer my rhetorical question: The ankle wings are to irritate the crap out of anyone who wears them. The ankles wings should come with a warning label: May cause wearer to think they have walked through cobwebs, are being clutched by a small bird or been grazed by poison ivy.


Chloe - T-strap Mary Janes. In a word, no. In more words - these are the FUG.


Fendi - Suede Platforms. Like a hovercraft for your feet! Only ugly!



Yves Saint Laurent - Naked Kiss. With Anna Nicole no longer working the red carpet, who will wear these shoes? Pam Anderson perhaps?

Dior - High heel clogs. Really, are we still making these? Why?


3 comments:

George said...

I don't think that you included enough photos of shoes in this post. (smile)

C. B. Whittemore said...

You have some delicious gems captured here! Thanks for flaunting your shoe passion. I love it!

Moda di Magno said...

George, I have to agree with you.

CB, I love me some serious shoes!