Saturday, September 29, 2007

Bonefish Grill - Surfside Beach, SC

After a fairly so-so (but not poisonous) meal at a local Myrtle Beach restaurant on Friday night, I took the advice of my friend Anthony Cignarella and headed to Bonefish Grill in Surfside Beach. After driving around and not finding the restaurant I called and got great "girl" directions from the hostess Stacey ("drive past all the churches, take a right at the Kangaroo shop, take a right at the light, drive toward Dunkin Donuts...") Thanks for excellent directions Stacey!

The experience was truly worth the extended drive.

Our server Nola took an excellent meal and transformed the evening into an excellent experience. From the perfectly prepared scallop appetizer, to my brother's divine blackened swordfish all the way to the amazing pistachio encrusted rainbow trout - every single bite was amazing. Every suggestion and point of service was careful and thoughtful and made the evening even better.

I didn't think I could eat another thing, but somehow my mother, my brother and I managed to devour a crème brûlée that was the best version of that wonderful dish that I have had in ages. Kudos to the dessert chef.

We chatted with proprietor Shane Wright on the way out to ask him to thank his fantastic staff for a pleasant evening. Bonefish Grill is well worth the trip if you are down Myrtle Beach Way. Bonefish has locations throughout the country, but I haven't been there and Nola works at the Surfside location.

Bonefish Grill - Surfside Beach (843) 215-4374
8703 Highway 17 Bypass South, Surfside Beach SC 29575
Proprietor: Shane Wright


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well being a former employee of Shane Wright, I know that your service was the best in town. He is an outstanding manager and your dinners will always be the best in town!!!!