Saturday, December 22, 2007

Day Before the Day Before Christmas Eve

I love this long lead-in weekend to Christmas. I'm not frantic (yet) about cleaning my house or how many cookies are baked (though I did bake today.)

Tom and I visited his Aunt Gilda at her assisted living community this morning. It was a surprise visit and she seemed pleased. All of Tom's siblings were in attendance, so it was a pre-pre Christmas gathering. It was a nice way to start the day.

We did a few errands and then I started working on Tom's gingerbread centerpiece - and it's big. As in it may take up half of the dining room table. The completed project will be seen here maybe tomorrow, but it may wait until Christmas Eve. We shall see. I'll have to find a photo of last year's effort too. Here are some snaps from the day.

Gingerbread ready for the oven.
Gingerbread fresh from the oven.

Dammit. Ice dam! I'm not the only one - I think a lot of people are going to deal with ice dams and the eventual leaks. Then again, we don't have earthquakes or locusts or mudslides in my neighborhood, so I'm not whining to loud. (Tom's experience may differ...)

I wasn't using the bulkhead anyway.

Tom refilling the washer fluid.

The Christmas Twig™

No comments: