Monday, December 17, 2007

Winter Upon Us & The Christmas Twig™

We dispatched Martha's delicious tree to the front porch to join the festival of white lights (as I refer to our holiday lighting scheme) and did some rounds to find a tree that Badcat wouldn't eat. There are no artificial trees that don't have mylar branches in the middle for filler - even the expensive ones. I was going to pass on a tree this year when Tom suggested we go find a stick in the woods. I liked the sound of that, so we did. I'm calling it The Christmas Twig™. Here it is in the back of the wagon:

I've had a number of Victorian dye-cuts in the boxes of Christmas stuff for more than 20 years and never had the right tree for them. They are pretty delicate items and I have always had massive trees - well the The Christmas Twig™ is just right.


I haven't gotten a good shot of the entire twig, but I'll post it when I do.

After a foot of snow on Thursday, and another 8" on Saturday into Sunday - the ice dams (and pretty pretty icicles) are already forming. Tragically what you see here will ultimately leak into my guest bathroom, but at least it is pretty until it thaws.

T-Bone the kitty has the right idea; curled up in his fleece next to the fireplace.


No comments: