Sunday, January 20, 2008

Football Playoff Day & What I Can't Wait to See

Today is the pre-super bowl day that everyone loves; you get two "big" games, slathered in hype and nonsense and the big enchilada teams are selected. That is all very exciting, but what I'm really waiting for is the premier of AMC's new series Breaking Bad starring Bryan Cranston as Chemistry teacher Walter White. Kudos to AMC for spending money on an excellent web experience promoting the show.

I am so psyched to see the premier. I loved Bryan Cranston as Hal on Malcolm in the Middle (Rollerskates, best episode ever) and his delicious snark as Dr. Tim Whatley on Seinfeld was perfect. Here's the sell line from AMC: "Meet Walter White, high school chemistry teacher. Sleepwalking through life when, boom, a terminal diagnosis changes everything. Liberates him. Empowers him to use his chemistry skills anew: to man a rolling drug lab and finance his family's future." I will be unavailable from 10-11 on Sunday nights.

Okay, football predictions based solely on my non-invested sans-research reasoning.

Patriots v. Chargers: Pats win. Why: Because I said so, and it probably is destiny.

Packers v. Giants: Packers win. Why: Because it "feels like -24" in Green Bay, and I like their uniforms better.


No comments: