Thursday, February 07, 2008

Romney (Fraudo) is Out

Jon Stewart is so much better able to articulate my feelings about Mitt Romney's bizarro "concession" speech (part rant, part conservative pander, part fruitcake.) Jon's question (that I love): "Is this out of a conservative speech MadLibs book?"

This isn't a Mormon thing, or even a Republican thing (well maybe a little) but a pure case of nuttery. Jason Jones of (currently) "A" Daily Show has suggested in the strongest words possible that Romney suffered from being a douchebag. I'm not sure I disagree, but I probably would have stuck with the classic Romney is a Fraud. Or a liar. Or both. Flip flopper just doesn't seem strong enough.

My favorite piece of bull "Did you see that today, government workers make more money than people who work in the private sector. Can you imagine what happens to an economy where the best opportunities are for bureaucrats?" Um, Romney paid his loathsome $150,000 a year spokesman more money than either of the Governors I worked for made - as Governor.

I'm glad he was chased off as the loser, I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments: