Sunday, May 11, 2008

Certifiable

I'm certified baby! Today I received my PMC Certification after a 3-day intensive training. It's got a gold seal and a signature, so fail not to take it seriously. All of my pix are on their own Flickr page (nothing is labeled yet, just make up your own narration for what's going on in the image.)

The class was amazing - I learned so much, I brushed up on my techniques (and confirmed what I thought already knew) and learned even more. A course taught by a great instructor and artist will bring a lot to your work, but a class filled with artists willing to share their knowledge and tips and tricks takes it to a whole other level. (Yes, that is a molten ring fresh from being torched. That's hot.)

I completed the seven projects required for the certification and spent some time fooling around with different patinas, learned about PMC Gold and Aura 22 and laughed throughout the last three days.
I am rejuvenated in spirit, feeling more passionate about my jewelry-making and just plain happy to have been in the company of artists for three whole days. Thanks everybody!
L-R: Dan Rapoza, Ellen Farris, Gale Rockwell, instructor Chris Darway, Amy Brown, Christine Martin, Me, Erin Nelson
The project I was fearing, the tetrahedron, which turned out to be my favorite.

3 comments:

Thinking In Vain said...

Congratulations! :)

Ken George said...

Given how many of us in these modern times are glued to the monitor, it comes as a breath of fresh air to learn of your passion for the age-old art of jewelry-making.

Congratulations.

Loved the pics on Flickr.

ALF said...

Congrats - that's awesome!