Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mad About Mad Men

Tommy is looking forward to the next season of Mad Men bowing on AMC this Sunday night, so I bought the complete first season (in an awesome lighter-shaped tin box) pretty cheap on Amazon. I didn't watch it when it ran on AMC because a) I work in advertising, b) I work with advertising people and, c) I didn't want to endure more stereotypes (even if they are from the 1950s.)


Well surprise, surprise, surprise - the show is darn good, populated by actors whose work I enjoy from other films and shows, and it is beautifully shot and edited and soundtracked. A few things come to mind when watching Mad Men:


-Smoky

-Sexist

-Rat Bastards


And that's only halfway through the first episode.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It is all of those things and it is still sooo good. There are some scenes that'll make your skin crawl, but as you said - it's beautifully produced.

Enjoy the rest of Season 1.

I can't wait for season 2 on Sunday night!