Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holy Cats! Where Have I Been?!

It's been a little like Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Busy, crazy, holidays bearing down, work, economy, meltdown and cheese. Wha? Cheese? I'll get there. Starting with the most recent things, I'll work back to Thanksgiving.

A necklace ordered by a friend for a dear friend of ours, a passion for baseball (Red Sox baseball) and her beautiful nieces.


A re-work of Annie's bracelet incorporating her beloved pooch Maud Bianca.



Attack of the hideous 'holiday' decorations. This accidental tribute to The Little Mermaid's "Under the Sea" number has been replaced with a proper Christmasy colored arrangement. Commit to a holiday (or all of them) or don't bother. FAIL.

Found some awesome pushpins on the wall in my office.

Made this for a customer.

Made this too.

Made this one too.

OMG - Had the most divine lunch with Business Rep Eileen Milano & my co-worker Zoe at Henrietta's Table at the Charles Hotel. No, we didn't start with dessert, but I was salivating over a nearby table's dessert selections including this: 

One word - CARAMEL. OMG, the caramel.

The mixed berry fruit pie was gorgeous and delicious.

But the pumpkin ice cream whoopie pie left me speechless (and that is so hard to do.) 

Before I tasted the sweet treats I enjoyed the Gloucester cod and mashies. It was a cold fall day and this was the most perfect lunch.

Zoe had the salmon burger that was so beautifully presented it seemed a shame to eat it. The shame passed quickly.

Chef Peter Davis has released the first cookbook from Henrietta's Table and it is AMAZING. Well written, gorgeous photographs and large, readable type! This will make an awesome New England holiday gift. Get it HERE or at Henrietta's Table.

After lunch Zoe and I walked from Harvard Square almost to Fenway (then we ran out of sidewalk and got a cab.)

The Weld Boathouse on the Charles River.

Dusk with the moon moving in.

For Thanksgiving I made the much desired potato and brussel sprouts gratin that I blabbed about in mid-November. Making this dish using the actual recipe yielded a riot of flavor and a grateful Thanksgiving table.

Ready for the oven.

Layering the potatoes, cheese and sprouts.

Lightly cooking the sliced potatoes with cream, salt & pepper.

Cleaned and sliced brussel sprouts.

Yeah, that's four cups of cheese; Gruyere and Parmeseano Reggiano.
 
I made  a delightful loaf of bread using the recipe from the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day cookbook by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois . Get it HERE and check out their AWESOME AWESOME blog.

It was delicious, fresh and hot from the oven with Kate's of Maine butter.

I was the a proxy confirmation sponsor for Miss Suzi Stein (previously seen here in The Kid Thing.) Her brother Pete is actually her sponsor, but due to an important exam at Colgate University, I was asked to fill in. Since no Nuns popped up to point and scream 'HERETIC!' I feel good about the whole thing. Any kid that wants to make a commitment to God will get all of the support I can muster. I mean really, I dressed like a grown up to stand next to the Bishop!

That's pretty much it save for a craft show or two, and some work stuff that should have a color coded alert system like terror watch.

No comments: