Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Kissing 2008 Goodbye

Ahhh the passing of 2008. Shall I miss it? No, I don't think so. Were there wonderful things about 2008 that I will remember fondly, certainly. Were there giant balls of shite that I don't want to cloud my brain for even a second longer, hell yeah.


In the fond category, an amazing Christmas dinner (supervised by Tom, cooked by me - yes, those are gold pantaloons on the crown roast of pork!)

We thought of our T-Bone this Christmas too.


The rest of the highlights and lowlights:

I enjoyed the overly long, highly competitive, occasionally nutcase, mostly interesting presidential race. It was bizarre at times and it made me mad and sad and freaked me out at times, but I think the final result was worth the pain and aggravation. Here's hoping the next presidential race doesn't start for 3 years. In other January news, George Clooney was named a UN Messenger of Peace.

In February, our beloved T-Bone went t o kitty heaven. We miss him so much. Badcat misses him too. George Clooney remained devastatingly handsome in February at the Oscars.

In March we celebrated the first Breaking Bad Easter Brunch. I'm totally doing that again in 2009. I'm really looking forward to the new season of Breaking Bad this spring.

In April was turned onto the NOLAF.org site and Scott Parkin (who's influence over CBS's Gary Unmarried makes the show doubly funny to me.) I attended a very smart, very intense BlogHer Business in New York City and dovetailing nicely with that event; The first (hopefully annual) Blogger Social. Blogger Social 2008 was all that I could have hoped for and more. I totally blathered about it here and said 1 million thanks here.

In May I received my PMC Certification from Rio Grande. I cranked out a ton of new Moda di Magno jewelry. I got the Etsy site up and running.

In June the Boston Celtics won the NBA championship, but George Carlin, Bo Diddley, Harvey Korman and Yves St. Laurent all passed away. On balance June sucked overall.

In July I got to interview the uber-talented Scott Parkin and turned the Moda blog into the official I (heart) Scott Parkin blog while I went to New Hampshire on vacation.

August highlights included a quick trip to Mexico, Miss Wasilla, the best Olympic opening ceremonies EVER (and jewelry inspired by the show) and the joy of cupcakes.

In September Tom informed me that he didn't marry me by accident. That made me feel good.

In October The Age of Conversation 2.o hit bookstores and  authors everywhere linked to each other like maniacs. I celebrated 14 years married to Tom.

In November America elected Barack Obama President of the United States of America. I was relieved.

December has been a blur. End of year wrap up, prepping for kick off of 2009, baking and shopping and wrapping and shipping (and replacing the gas furnace in the middle of everything.) Saw Burn After Reading, and in the final Clooney news of the year, he was awesome. The film was awesome, you should get it. The other film we saw was Slumdog Millionaire - a must see. Bring kleenex and a friend.

And Christmas, well it was awesome to be with the family in a warm house

1 comment:

Annie said...

Yet another reason why I love you....you TOO love Breaking Bad...
xoxo