Friday, January 02, 2009

The Collector

I like hats. Vintage hats. Not necessarily great, brand name hats, but old hats with a lot of style. One of my projects for my holiday vacation was to clean up the cedar closet in the attic. So in order to effectively avoid that task, I thought I would photograph some of the hats. I'm also embarking on a Hat of the Day (HOTD) sidebar project and I thought I would kick it off today with a few of my favorite things.

A feathered hat that came from Tom's Aunt Gilda Lanciani. I have worn this hat twice to mostly applause and a few step-back stares.

The hat is by Gigi of Florence and it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Gilda picked it up while in Italy.

One of my truly favorite favorite favorite items - the Aldofo Riding Hat (not an actual helmet!) This item epitomizes the 1960s for me. This hat came from Tom's Aunt Ann Lanciani. I have never worn this, but I take it out and admire it for inspiration. 





This hat came from Tom's mother Celia Magno. She had awesome style and her pile 'o hats dovetailed nicely with my collection. I think it is from the mid to late 1960s.

The hat came from the Fashion Corner in Cambridge.

Since we are visiting the 1960s, I thought I would throw in the Pucci Sunglasses that came from Auntie Gilda. THE PUCCI SUNGLASSES. Made in France, complete with case. Groovy man.



The Pucci silk bow tie that came from Tom's father Dr. Henry Magno. How cool do you have to be to rock a Pucci silk tie? HOW COOL? You have to be MAGNO cool baby!


2 comments:

Jetpacks said...

diggin' the new look.

Moda di Magno said...

Thanks SeƱor Jet!