Monday, January 05, 2009

The Crotchless Jeans Discussion

So I managed to get home before Tom my husband who shall remain nameless tonight and I was sitting in the den googling "mini brass detail brushes" (but I want the kind with the wooden handles) when Tom came in the back door and went down to the laundry room and turned on the washer. That is not unusual, he does laundry all the time. But when I went down later on to put stuff in the dryer, this is what I found:

Crotchless jeans. These jeans are missing their crotch. 

So I carry them upstairs and show them to him and say "these jeans have no crotch." Tom says "yes they do." I reply "no they don't." He says "well, they're just work jeans. I was working on the car." (He was working on the car at his brother's Mercedes restoration shop, not our own garage.)

Work jeans? No, these jeans have no crotch. They are not work jeans, they belong in the rag pile. He says "no, they are fine for working on the car." I still disagree.

So, let's put it to a vote - are these okay for going anywhere other than your own basement or should they be shredded?

6 comments:

Drew McLellan said...

First, I must say...that's a woosy little rip in the jeans. Hardly worthy of getting ride of.

Leave the man alone. We love our ripped jeans!

Drew

Bex said...

Sorry to break rank here, but...I gotta vote with the Mister on this one...I still have a T-shirt from GRADE SCHOOL I love and wear...some things you just don't throw away (or shred...or burn...)

Moda di Magno said...

Bex! Would you wear that t-shirt to Starbucks in public? Does it have holes in "inappropriate" places?

Jetpacks said...

I've got an idea: Role play Saturday night. He's the rogue Mercedes mechanic in ripped jeans and no underwear, you're the Boston socialite.

I'll get you started:

You: I think I need a tune-up.
Him: Let's take a look under the hood.

Bex said...

Hmmm...well, it doesn't have holes in inappropriate places...and Javier doesn't hate it quite as much as you hate the jeans (actually...due to its...snugness...he quite enjoys it!)...

Maybe comprimise and make a rule that they are to be worn ONLY in the confines of YOUR garage??

George said...

Lori:

With that strategically-placed hole in his jeans, Tom may be trying to tell you something... like easy access.

That can be a very good thing for your marriage. You might try wearing something similar... (smile)