Monday, January 19, 2009

Snowbound (Again)

So I must have missed the updated forecast that went from 3-6" to the 16+" we received since Saturday night. Winchester always gets a little extra, but this is nuts. After long afternoon of snowblowing and shoveling, we did it all again this morning. There is a granite hitching post in front of my house that is 36" high. I always joke that when the top becomes covered with snow then I'm moving to Florida for the season - and that usually doesn't happen until later in the season.

The top is covered already and I am displeased. Here Tom stands near the growing "driveway pile" - the nexus of snowplow leavings and driveway shoveling. I may have to revise my threat to move based on when the driveway pile is taller than Tom. It may come sooner than I expect.


Have you shoveled out your fire hydrants? No? Well if not you - who? If not now - when? Get on it people!

Firemen & women need access to all parts of the hydrant - do what you can to chop out ice and get them access. Don't hope the hydrant is accessible in an emergency - get it done. As a matter of fact, step away from the computer and go check your two nearest hydrants now. 

Chopped those suckers down before I shoveled off the porch.

My sad, sad Weber. How I yearn to grill. Feeling a little jealous of Krissy.

The Pine tree told me it was bumming.


4 comments:

Moda di Magno said...

A commenter named Dan, whose Blogger profile is not enabled, left this mash note but I accidentally hit reject comment while fumbling in iPhone. Staying true to my promise of publishing anything that is not an outright threat or marketing spam - here it is in all it's testy glory:

Dan has left a new comment on your post "Snowbound (Again)":

Please do us all a favor and move to FL now. One less whiner around here is a good thing. This is New England - weather happens. If you want weathermen that are always right, move to LA.

Moda di Magno said...

@Dan

You are so mean.

Amy said...

Dan probably has a garage and adriveway and a Monday holiday. I'm a Masshole born and raised but an extra 6 inches of snow isn't what I consider a happy weather surprise either!

Krissy said...

Some friends of ours began a "barbecuing during a snowstorm" tradition that we've decided to hijack. :-) As I sat inside my toasty living room eating the barbecued goodies, I imagined I was in my backyard on a lovely June afternoon.

Also, barbecuing in the cold is kind of nice because you get some fresh air but are kept warm by the bbq. So I think we have a new tradition.

And Dan is dumb. Your post wasn't whiny. Those extra 6 inches were indeed a surprise.