Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lunch: The Oceanaire, Boston

I was fortunate to have lunch with my friend Fawn today at The Oceanaire in Boston. In a word, WOW. I had no idea what the restaurant was about, but it's all about the FABULOUS.  From having my white napkin replaced by a black one (to avoid white lint on my black trousers) to our delightful server, Juliana (who made excellent suggestions) to my favorite dessert in a mighty long time -- in addition to perfect company and hysterical lunch chat, this was the best meal I've had in ages. I love a great meal and love a resty that tweets.

Get your lunch on peoples.  We started with some lovely bread and fresh veggies, peperoncini and pickled herring, which I actually ate on a piece of bread. Wanted the full experience. Check that one off the list.

The lobster special as suggested by Juliana. And because I'm special I asked if the restaurant would remove the lobster from the shell. Hey, sometimes you don't want to work for it. No problem for the chef and beautifully presented.
And finally, *A HOODSIE FOR DESSERT*
Let me repeat.
A HOODSIE FOR DESSERT!  $.95 cents. With the wooden spoon.
I haven't had one of these in oh, 35 years or so. OMG! OMG! OMG! I somehow refrained from licking the inside of the cup - but what a sweet, neat and awesome surprise to find on a menu. I was also thrilled to find my number one restaurant/dessert menu request - a cookie plate!  I didn't order the cookies today (HEY! HOODSIE!!!!) but I will the next time.  
Get thee to The Oceanaire. And ask for Juliana's section - a nicer server you'll never find. You'll thank me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MY DAD WORK THERE