Saturday, February 09, 2013

Blizzard baking: Bread

I like bread. I've written about it here before. And before that.

With the blizzard of 2013 bearing down I knew I wanted to make bread. So I pulled out Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois, and prepped a bucket of dough. (Check out their website, it's awesome, they share so much info and many tips!)

I baked bread while the storm raged and the glorious aroma made being hunkered down against the wind and snow a pretty good thing.

I combined two of my favorite bread things. I LOVE the Artisan Bread recipe, and I LOVE the baking technique of the New York Times "no-knead" recipe. So I formed my loaf, let it rise for a couple of hours and then tossed it into a hot enamel roaster and ta-da, beautiful, delicious bread. Try it, you'll be happy you did.







No comments: